If you’re an entry level type of biker when it comes to mountain trailing, then what you need is a bike that’s easy on the pocket and has high quality features. Entry level bikers usually use a hardtail mountain bike to master their techniques and skills and the SE Bikes Big Mountain 24-Speed D hardtail mountain bicycle can most definitely do the trick.
The main specifications are the ones that make a mountain bike great. These are the ones that absorb the impact and handle all the stress. Here are the specs of the SE Big Mountain bike:
- SE-1 17-inch double butted alloy semi-integrated frame – This type of frame makes the bike durable, lightweight and still affordable. It also gives optimal control to the biker and it can easily manage the beating from every ride. It’s what gives the bike its overall strength.
- HL 595SAMS 29 with 100mm travel– Because it’s a hardtail mountain bike, this has a front suspension fork that gives you a comfortable experience while riding rough terrains because it absorbs all the impact for you.
- Shimano EZ-Fire 24-Speed shifters – The shifters of this bike works at a smooth and rapid pace that gives you hassle-free experience when you change your gears.
- 160mm rotors mechanical disc brakes – These high-quality disc brakes can make powerful stopping even when you’re in different kinds of conditions.
This mountain bike is given high praises because of its amazing features, buyers of this product agrees that these are its advantages:
- The Shimano components are high-quality and very trusted throughout the bike industry.
- Assembly of this bike is straightforward.
- The bike is durable and really attractive.
- The suspension and brakes work well.
This product is also not immune to disadvantages; here are some of the cons of this bike:
- The front suspension coil fork makes the bike heavy.
- The manual lacks instruction on how to complete the assembly process.
Customers’ feedback about the bike
The SE Bikes Big Mountain 24-Speed D hardtail mountain bicycle has made a lot of headlines. Customers are fond of this mountain bike because it’s below $1000 and its amazing performance and great stability.
A lot of people mentioned that even if they use this bike in a long ride or in a very rough terrain, the frame of the bike is very sturdy and can put up with the pressure. The suspension fork is a great combination because it can also handle and absorb the impact.
A customer said that he was surprised how heavy the bike was, but he was still satisfied because of its weight, the bike is easier to control and maneuvered. He suggested that if you’re an aggressive biker, you should change your tires to more sturdy ones.
How to maintain the suspension fork of your bike
There are a lot of ways on how you can maintain the cleanliness of your suspension fork. You may see a lot of tips and tricks in the website on how to do this, but here is a simple straightforward way on how to do this job properly.
Keeping your suspension fork well-lubricated is the most important part. The lubrication should stay inside the fork and there should be no dirt coming from other elements. It uses a special and unique oil lubrication system so that there would be no friction and it will flow smoothly.
To lubricate your suspension fork, follow this guide:
- You should use water to clean out the dirt from your fork. If you’re using a jet wash system, make sure to turn your mountain bike upside down. This way, the fork seals won’t get wet.
Be sure that you get all the dirt so that when you lubricate your fork again, there would be no elements going in between.
- Lubricate your fork properly. You don’t need to use other special products.
To protect your stanchions from other elements, use mudguards. And to maintain its cleanliness, use cable rub for a paint job.
The SE Bikes Big Mountain 24-Speed D hardtail mountain bicycle is a well-known bike that has great quality features made by known famous brands. It’s very sturdy, has reliable components and has a great stylish design.
If you’re looking for a cheap hardtail mountain bike that can handle road biking or aggressive mountain trailing, then this bike can surely do the trick for you. There’s no mistaking it that this mountain bike is recommended to all entry level bikers.