Mountain bikes are cool to look at. But with the Mongoose Men’s Dolomite Fat Boys Tire Cruiser Bike, there’s no doubt that everybody will definitely look at you and your big bike. It’s made to support those bikers who love to cruise around town and just chill out.
It has low cruising handlebars, big flat tires and a sturdy frame, there’s no way you could ever go wrong. Plus, it’s just under $500! With this bike, you will never be disappointed when you spend your leisure time riding out of town.
What make this bike complete are its amazing components. The Mongoose brand has focused on a bike that would specialize in cruising and leisure. To know more about this bike, here are the key specifications that it has:
- Cruiser design frame that would make you feel comfortable even if you ride in different types of terrain. It’s made to have It’s made to have plenty of clearance that when you ride the bike, you won’t get any trouble.
- 4” wide alloy wheels – This mountain bike has a very wide set of alloy wheels that makes it easier for it to grip on the ground. It’s equipped with disc brakes that can be fully adjusted to have a powerful breaking system. This type of brakes can stop any time, any terrain, and any type of condition.
- Mongoose Supersized beach cruiser 4 ¼” knobby tires – These are the ones that’s called the big flat tires. It’s specially made to attract people around the biker who’s using it and allows you to cruise easily.
- Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur – This allows you to change your gears easily and speed up on the road.
- Beach cruiser pedals – To match your supersized wheels, this bike is equipped with beach cruiser pedals that will allow you to fully feel its style.
- 3 piece cranking system
Many people have been satisfied about the performance and especially the style of this beautiful looking bike. Here are some of the advantages that buyers have mentioned:
- You will be noticed by everyone around you and you will have a comfortable riding experience.
- The handlebar is comfortable and the whole style is great.
Because of the bikes’ big flat wheels, this bike has received a couple of negative feedbacks. Here are some of its disadvantages:
- The bike is heavy because of its frame and suspension fork.
- A buyer who bought this bike said that the seat is uncomfortable, but it’s manageable.
Customers’ feedback about the bike
- A buyer was very satisfied with this bike because he can easily cruise their town with everyone looking at him. There are number of times that people were asking him where he got the bike or the name of the bike. He was proud when he took the bike on the road and recommends it to anyone who would like to get the same attention and reactions that he received. This type of incident has been experienced by other buyers as well.
- Another buyer mentioned that he loves this bike because of its low cruising style and flat tires. He said that the handlebars were comfortable and the feeling was just great.
- Almost all the buyers have noticed that the bike is heavier that it looks, they agreed because of its big tires and heavy suspension fork. But they were not troubled with this because it just meant that the bike is strong and very durable.
How to maintain the performance of your bike
There’s an easy way to keep your bike performing at its best. It’s a general rule that you check the components if everything is working properly before you use it and clean your mountain bike every after you use it.
Here’s a checklist of the things that you should do to your bike every day or every once in a while:
- Clean your bike – Use an old toothbrush, a towel, water and a sponge to do the trick. Clean thoroughly the chain, chainrings, frame, cassette, pedals, seats, derailleurs and brakes.
- Brakes – Ensuring that your brakes work properly is crucial for your every ride.
- Wheels – You should ensure that your wheels are not mended so that your tires will run smoothly.
- Drivetrain – Inspect your drivetrain properly to ensure that everything works properly. This includes the chain, chainring, pedals, rear-wheel cassette and derailleur.
- Tires – Make sure that it has the right pressure. Check for any tears or splits in your tire.
- Cables – Check the cables and rubber for any looseness or dirt.
- Lubricant – Always lubricate your chain and all its components.
The Mongoose Men’s Dolomite Fat Boys Tire Cruiser Bike is a bike to reckon with. Its beautiful low cruising style will attract everyone in your path. The big flat tires will overcome any obstacle and easily grip the pavement.