Most mountain bikes in the past are designed for the height and built of a man. But because of the suggestions, reviews and surveys done on a lot of people and bikers alike, many brands now decided to create mountain bikes specifically designed for any woman.
The women’s mountain bikes usually have curves in their frames. They are solely built for women who love cruising around town, riding from county to county or even climbing on steep terrains and running down in surprising speed.
In this article, you will find the top 5 best mountain bikes for women that is under $500. They are chosen because of their great performance, beautiful kind of style and it has a great price.
Top 5 mountain bikes for women
If you’re looking for a bike that you could use or give to your wife or girlfriend, then you’ve landed in the right site and article. We have collected the top 5 best mountain bikes for women in the market today. Here you will find their specifications, pros and cons, and what other people and buyers think about them.
Mongoose Women's Status 2.2 Mountain Bike, 16-inch/small
It also has a 21-speed Shimano rear derailleur with matching SRAM twist shifters so you can accelerate and decelerate smoothly. It’s equipped with front and rear V brakes which assures you that you can stop any time. Lastly, it’s built with a 26” alloy wheels that makes it easy for you to accelerate at great speeds, maneuver your bike in tight spaces and have a fun and comfortable ride.
- Many buyers are happy with this mountain bike because it stands 16 inches from the ground which makes it for women to easily control it and still have a comfortable posture.
- It also has a soft adjustable paddle that massages the feet of the biker.
- The linear pull brakes may not be the best breaking system for aggressive bikers.
Mantis Women's 26 Orchid Full Suspension Bicycle, 17-Inch/One Size, White Pearl/Purple
It has a curved stylish frame made from heavy steel to offer stability, strength and steadiness. The saddle is adjustable that matches comfortably to the handlebars to have a comfortable riding experience.
This mountain bike has a dual suspension 17” steel frame with a steel suspension fork. It has Shimano Tourney TZ30 21-speed rear derailleur and twist shifters. It’s also equipped with a 26” aluminum wheels and a powerful breaking system of front and rear-V brakes.
- Buyers mentioned that they are very satisfied with the steel frame of this mountain bike because they feel comfortable even if they ride it for a long time.
- The comfort is maximized by the adjustable saddle because it offers a nice posture.
- A lot of people mentioned that they would like the brakes to be a linear pull rather than V brakes.
Mongoose Girl's Maxim Full Suspension Bicycle (24-Inch)
This women’s mountain bike has an aluminum suspension frame that make its performance great and comfortable. The suspension fork attached to this bike eases the bumps on obstacles and increases the control given to the rider.
It’s equipped with a 21-speed Shimano rear derailleur with a matching SRAM twist shifters so that you can easily change the gears. It also offers a wide gear ranges from its 3 piece mountain crank and it has an alloy linear pull braking system so that you can quickly stop any time you want.
- According to some buyers, this mountain bike is lightweight and very easy to control.
- The frame is also well-built because it’s smooth and strong.
- The braking system needs to be professionally adjusted so that you can have a trustworthy brake.
Mantis Women's Highlight MTB Hardtail Bicycle, 17-Inch/Medium, Purple
This Mantis mountain bike has a steel hardtail frame that makes sturdy and easy to ride on. The suspension fork is a Mode G79 that absorbs shocks from obstacles and terrains which makes biking fairly easy and comfortable.
It has a Shimano tourney 21-speed rear derailleur and twist shifters that makes changing gears fast and easy. It is equipped with front and rear V brakes so that you can experience a fast and reliable stopping power.
Although this Mantis women’s mountain bike has no reviews yet from Amazon.com, it’s obvious that bikers will like it because of the steel riser handlebar and the steel quill stem. It’s perfect for the ladies out there who is an entry-level biker.
26 inches Granite Peak Women's Mountain Bike, Magenta-Roadmaster-R4047WMCDB
This mountain bike is made with a steel mountain geometry frame that makes it easy for any women of height to ride it smoothly and because of its heavy steel, the biker can control it better it paved roads. It also has a suspension fork that eases the bumps and absorbs the shock from obstacles and increases the control given to the biker.
It has a Shimano 18-speed rear derailleur and twists shifters and is equipped with a 3-piece mountain crank so you can change the pace of your riding with ease. It has a 26” alloy wheels to support your control and adds to the overall durability of the bike.
- The frame is considered as long lasting and is heavy enough for you to control it.
- It’s specifically made to have a small structure so that any woman of height can easily maneuver it.
- The paddles are thin and may not be comfortable to some people.
Now that you have read the wonders of these chosen mountain bikes, we hope that it’ll be easier for you to choose and buy what bike fits you the most. They all have their own disadvantages, but there’s no doubt that all the advantages outweighs all of it.
This list of the best mountain bikes for women is for entry-level bikers who would like to enhance their skills and techniques in the road and even in mountain trailing. All these 5 bikes are close enough when it is compared to their prices, so all you have to think about is their performance, the features that they have and what other people think about them.