- 1 Reviews of Mountain Bikes
- 1.0.1 Diamondback 2015 Recoil Full Suspension Complete Mountain Bike
- 1.0.2 Diamondback Bicycles 2014 Overdrive Sport Mountain Bike with 29-inch Wheels
- 1.0.3 Mongoose Status 3.0 26-inch dual-suspension mountain bike
- 1.0.4 Diamondback Bicycles Sorrento Hard Tail Complete Mountain Bike
- 1.0.5 Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Trace Complete Dual Sport Bike
- 1.0.6 The Lux hard tail complete women’s mountain bike
- 2 Guide to choose the best mountain bike under $1000
- 3 Conclusion
Mountain bicycles or mountain bike are bicycles created for off-road cycling. They are very versatile though and can be used not only get their riders along dirt trails but also to even bring grocery home. There are many best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars but before making a selection you need to keep in mind couple of pointers, to help you make the best choice. Firstly, bear in mind you’re riding reasons – basically the need for such a bicycle and not the usual one and then, your experience with them. Have you ever ridden a mountain bike before? Why do you want to buy it? Where are you planning to use it? Are you an experienced cyclist? Are you going to use just to build your stamina and fitness level?
You need to understand your reasons before you think of purchasing a mountain bike as they obviously cost more than the regular ones. Getting the best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars is very easy. You just have to search online on the World Wide Web or Google it and you are sure to find one which suits your needs and the prices matches your budget! What is a little tricky is to make sure that you are physically fit to use such a bike on a mountain trail or go out for that adventure with your friends or family. Is it because you want to learn something new or you are looking to explore a variety of trails? If you are physically fit and active, you will enjoy riding either a full-suspension bike or a hard-tail. Though we suggest a full-suspension bike, if you are suffering from or are prone to back or joint pains.
The best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars all advertise their bikes and some of the categories which you will hear quite often and which help you understand the bike better are “trail” – these are general – purpose mountain bikes for everything from single-track trails to dirt roads. “All mountains” – They are like trail bikes but with stronger frames and longer suspension travel. “Cross country” – These bikes are basically for competitions on tight turns and steep ascents and are nimble and light weight bikes. They are not suited for bearing jumping and landing impacts but are chosen for their speed, cornering and ascending.
There are other categories too while selecting the best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars – “Free ride and downhill” – They can easily absorb the impact of rocks, roots, jumps and bumps in their path. They are designed for going downhill at great speed and are carried to the top of the trail in a vehicle. “Dirt jump” – These bikes are best used by those who like performing aerial stunts. Once your fitness and the category are determined, your choice now depends on the trail you would be going on. The type of trail also should influence your purchase. There are many leading brands like Mongoose, Marin, Raleigh, Cannondale, Scott, GT, Novara and Diamondback.
Reviews of Mountain Bikes
Diamondback 2015 Recoil Full Suspension Complete Mountain Bike
The Matte Titanium Recoil not only looks fantastic, but it’s always ready for a great ride with it’s Tuff Shock Coil rear suspension to soak up the bumps and it’s rugged 4 inch frame to handle any trail. With a SR Suntour XCT front fork you are bound to go farther and faster than you do on other bikes. This Diamondback features lots of premium components without a premium price.
If you can afford this bike, you would be crazy not to get it. It has a great ride thanks to it’s quality components and suspension parts, and it looks fantastic. All in all this is an excellent full suspension mountain bike that is sure to make you happy.
- Great looking bike
- Name-brand quality components
- The full suspension system gives it a comfortable ride
- Disc brakes are very nice
- There isn’t much bad to say about this bike
Diamondback Bicycles 2014 Overdrive Sport Mountain Bike with 29-inch Wheels
There are three features that make the diamondback bicycles very special. The tires which users can choose between 26, 27.5 and, the most popular, 29 inches are the sizes that would be perfect for this type of bike. The 29er mountain bike is the most chosen size for the overdrive because the users can easily manipulate the bike. As well as control the speed and traction of the bike.
The brakes of the diamondback mountain bike are hydraulic discs that could protect your rims and brake pads from mud and water. This gives the user of the bike confidence that he could easily stop anytime and anywhere. The suspension is made from 100mm travel suspension fork of the SR Suntour which gives the 29er mountain bike the plushest and smoothest brakes that will give you supreme comfort and control.
Mongoose Status 3.0 26-inch dual-suspension mountain bike
The Mongoose Status 3.0 26-inch dual-suspension mountain bike is equipped with everything you need for trail riding, featuring a full suspension frame that maximizes comfort and performance, along with an SR suspension fork designed to smooth bumps and increase control. Combine this with a 24 speed Shimano rear derailleur for all types of riding and you’re set to go.
- This bike looks great
- pretty solid construction
- dual disc brakes
- smoothes bumps and increases control
- defective rear brake caliper bolt
- the caliper is slightly less than 1 mm away from the disc
There are several other bikes with similar features as this Mongoose and they were several hundred dollars more! The bike is solidly built but unsure if this is truly a mountain bike as opposed to a trail or cruising bike as the shocks are not really meant for very rough terrain.
Diamondback Bicycles Sorrento Hard Tail Complete Mountain Bike
Diamondback Bicycles Sorrento Hard Tail Complete Mountain Bike combines the perfect blend of hardtail performance with rugged utility. There are still several situations where you’re better off on a hardtail than a full-suspension mountain bike, such as when riding to class, dirt jumping, riding on smoother trails, or just cruising around the neighborhood.
The Response Sport also offers several upgrades from the base-model Response, including a SRAM ISO-Flow crank set with replaceable chain rings, Hayes mechanical disc brakes, and Weinmann double-wall rims.
- It works nicely
- Shifts well
- Easy to assemble
- Good price
- Nice ride
- Doesn’t have rear shock
- Seat was a little on the hard side
If this will be your first entry in the true mountain bike category, you’re probably not going to find a better buy for your money. This bike features a kick-ass frame that will withstand the punishment without any problems. It’s very easy to assemble and you’re going to love the trigger shifters.
Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Trace Complete Dual Sport Bike
First of all, this isn’t a mountain bike but rather a trail and road bike that you’re going to enjoy riding for a long time. You’ll need just the smallest excuse to take it out for a quick ride over and over again. This Diamondback is going to fill all of your requirements for street and trail riding with the new suspension fork.
- Can easily upgrade the parts in the future as needed
- Good quality product
- Quick setup
- The frame and components are a bit on the heavy side
- No rear shock
The Lux hard tail complete women’s mountain bike
The Lux hard tail complete women’s mountain bike is one of the best mountain bikes for women this 2015. It is considered as one of the best mountain bikes for all women because it has a “sexy” and “pretty” design.
This mountain bike has 6061-T6 aluminum frame with Devine Design that’s specific for the liking of every woman and is lightweight. It has Shimano Acera 9-speed rear derailleur and hydraulic disc brakes that makes the bike easy to control. It also has SR Suntour 100mm travel suspension fork and 27.5 inches wheels that’s very good for travelling.
So if you’re looking for a women’s hard tail mountain bike that’s under $1000, the Lux Complete 2015 from Diamondback is the way to go. Its cheap price incorporates features that are great in entry level bikers for mountain trailing.
Guide to choose the best mountain bike under $1000
Mountain biking is a fun sport and hobby. It doesn’t only keep you fit and healthy, but it also allows you to relax your mind and body from all your hard work. It also gives you an extra time to be with your family and friends.
When looking for a mountain bike that you will use, there are certain factors that you should consider. When you have a fixed budget in mind, you should know the best features that you can get from it and what type of bikes or gears you should avoid.
Here is a simple guide for you to choose the best mountain bike under $1000. It includes certain factors that you should know about before buying a bike.
Factors that you should consider before buying a bike
- Riding style – The first thing that you should think about is your style of riding. There are certain features of a bike that specializes in a style of riding a bike.
- You should determine if you’re a casual rider who loves to ride in smooth terrains an aggressive rider who prefer climbing step terrains and going down in fast speed.
- Terrain – You will also need to know what type of terrain you will be riding on smooth rails that has occasional rocks and bumps can be done with a basic mountain bikes or a hard tail. But if you’re going on a terrain that’s rougher, then you should consider buying a full suspension or a hardtail 29er.
- Brand – It is only wise that you invest in a mountain bike that has a brand-name. This way you not only get components and gears that have high quality, but you will also have warranty with the bike parts.
- Suspension – There are two types of suspension that you can choose from. First, the hardtail bikes which has a front suspension fork that reduces the fatigue in your hands and arms. It also enhances your steering control when you’re on a rough terrain. This is mostly seen on all-around bikes.
- Second is the full-suspension bike which has an equipped suspension in both wheels. This is more expensive compared to a hardtail because it gives you more control and comfort. It specialize rough and difficult terrain.
- Wheel size – There are three kinds of wheels in a mountain bike. The 26” has a regular grip and traction when you’re going through rough terrains. The 29” wheels are slow to accelerate and a little heavier, but it has excellent traction and very easy to go over obstacles. And now the 27.5” has all the advantages of the 26” and the 29”.
- Frame – The frame of the bike can come with aluminum which is affordable and lightweight; steel which is heavy, smooth, cheap and strong; titanium which is light, strong but also expensive; and lastly, carbon fiber which is light, tough and also expensive.
- Brake: There are two types of brakes, the disc brake and rim brakes. Disc brakes are very common because it’s consistent in braking in all weather conditions, but it can be expensive to maintain and replace. The rim brakes are cheap and economical which makes it common to entry-level bikes. The downside to this type of brake is that they usually wear the rim wheel. It’s less powerful and efficient compared to disc brakes.
The best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars that is enumerated above have all their advantages and disadvantages. Some of the bikes are under $500 that is cheaper, but has lesser quality of specifications. Some of these bikes are also limited to entry level of mountain trailing because their features are simpler than the others.
Always be sure to check your bike properly before going for a ride. Try checking the brake system and the drivetrain. If you’re going on a mountain trailing, always be equipped with the proper attire so that you will only have minimum effects of travelling and all the bumping.
Remember that there are other bikers that you may come across with. If you see that they are in trouble and they do not have any equipment to repair their bike, offer them a helping hand or give them the tools that they need. There had been a lot of incidents that lives were saved because of this type of attitude by bikers and it is always good that we become a part of this community.
If you ever decide which of the best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars you would buy, make sure that it is appropriate for your style of cycling. And soon, you can have fun and enjoy the thrill of mountain biking.